Update 15.02 Release Notes
Today sees the release of Update 15.02 for Elite Dangerous Live/4.0, where the team have addressed a number of issues for you, following the release of Update 15.
The Elite Dangerous '4.0/Live' servers will be offline from 08:00AM BST until approximately 11:00AM BST, when they shall return with the update available to you.
We'll keep you updated on progress across our social media channels and the Elite Dangerous Official Forum.
COMMUNITY ISSUES OF NOTE ADDRESSED
- Fixed some unintended changes to ship flight characteristics in situations where rotational correction was active.
- Enabling rotational correction should no longer have any impact on the flight characteristics of your ship outside of situations where it is actively correcting rotation (Ticket Reference: ID 44533)
- Fix for players not being able to plot a route to settlements/ports through the POI panel UI (Ticket Reference: ID 59375)
- Fix for pulse wave analyser not highlighting high resource asteroids in rings correctly (Ticket Reference: ID 50436)
- Fix for insufficient number of targets arriving at settlements for Raid and Massacre Missions (Ticket Reference: ID 48424)
- Fix for "Objective Failed" prompt repeatedly triggering when cancelling an on foot mission (Ticket Reference: ID 50524)
ADDITIONAL ISSUES OF NOTE ADDRESSED
- The Frontline Turrets that protect ground troops have had their repair timer increased to 10 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
- Note: The dev team felt that the existing 2-minute timer did more harm than good by preventing interesting interplay between ground and air units at conflict zones around settlements. This change will now allow Commanders with suitably equipped ships to make a conscious choice between continuing to avoid drawing the fire of the turrets or to actively engage them in order to open up a window of opportunity for ground engagement or assaults on dropships.
- Fix implemented for a crash that could occur when opening the Livery UI.
- Fix implemented for a crash that could trigger when opening the Squadron Allegiance UI.
- Fixes implemented to address several crashes that could be caused when coursing around Thargoid Maelstroms.
- Fix implemented for a crash that could trigger when dropping into a Thargoid Maelstrom in multicrew.
- Slight adjustments have been made the tactics used by various Thargoid vessels, so that they don't become ineffective at dealing with targets in locations that ship won't willingly navigate such as the crevasses along the structure of a Titan.
- Fix implemented for Reboot Missions failing if a player logs out and loads back in.
- Fix implemented for plasma weaponry not dealing the correct damage to Thargoid Revenants.
- The galaxy map icon for the Maelstrom systems has been updated to that of a 'Titan' icon.
- Fix implemented for an issue whereby Thargoids could stop spawning during multiplayer AX conflict zones.
- Fix implemented for unexpected scrolling of the 'Fleet Carrier POI' list when accessed with a non-mouse input.
- Fix implemented for the Glaive not correctly utilising its anti-guardian effect when in conflict zones around planetary ports.
- Fix implemented for the Glaive occasionally clipping into the Titan during combat.
- Fix implemented to address the ability to use the camera suite to clip inside the Titan.
- The Titan's missiles can now chase locked targets for a longer duration.
- Fixed trespass volume positions to allow larger ships to dock without violating them.
- Fix implemented for some VFX occasionally persisting in a multiplayer instance around the Titan.
- The Revenant no longer occasionally clip into buildings.
- Fix implemented for thumbnail generation issue for Petra Olmanova (fun fact, it had something to do with their eyewear).
- Fix implemented for Revenants occasionally stacking on top of each other during spawning.
- Softened the extreme colouration of the Pulse Wave Xeno Scanner's highlight effect.
- Thargoids will stop appearing for the remainder of an Invasion once it has been successfully repelled.
- Fix implemented for Defend Missions failing to start at mission location.
- Fixed Human Scavenger NPCs occasionally appearing in Thargoid-occupied systems and even more rarely, Thargoid Revenants sometimes appearing in locations in the post-Thargoid Recovery state.
- Fix implemented to address issues where some Thargoid vessels became stuck when attempting to enter the Titan.
- Fix implemented for the Glaive occasionally getting stuck on asteroids in the Titan location.
- Fix implemented for units rarely not showing up at Titan location in multiplayer instances.
- Fix implemented for Scavenger Maverick Suit mismatch between thumbnail and suit (this is the one where they all had white helmets).
- Fixed the Revenant's weapon audio cutting out abruptly at range.
- Fix implemented for missing Shipkit icons in livery:
- Cobra MKIII Cyclops Bumper and Wings.
- Cobra MKIII Medusa Spoiler.
- Krait MK II Basilisk and Medusa Bumper.
- Fix implemented for Thargoid Maelstrom icon not indicating when it is behind a planet.
- Fix implemented for buffeting effect in Thargoid Maelstrom, causing ships to jerk suddenly.
- Fix implemented for Thargoid portals not visually blending into Maelstrom fog at a distance.
- Fix implemented for Festive lights and Warm White Light glow being desaturated (the party is back on!).
- Fix implemented to address an error that could generate when checking commander name entries for duplicates.
- Fix implemented to address a disconnect when a Commander would try to reset to orbit, when they don't yet have their starter ship.
And with that, Commanders, here's to the roll-out of 15.02 for you!
Thank you so much for all of your continued, valuable thoughts and feedback which help contribute further to quality of life updates for Elite Dangerous, such as this.
See you in the black o7