Update 16 Release Notes
Today sees the release of Update 16 for Elite Dangerous Live/4.0.
The Elite Dangerous '4.0/Live' servers will be offline for a period of time whilst the deployment process takes place, when they shall return with the update available to you.
We'll keep you updated on progress across our social media channels and the Elite Dangerous Official Forum.
Features of Note
Added <REDACTED> to <REDACTED>...
- New passenger evacuation missions have been added. Wealthy passengers will now be requesting expedited evacuation from locations affected by the presence of the Thargoids for additional credits (if you can appease their requirements and demands) - Credit talks, apparently.
- The Thargoids will, as of this Thursday's maintenance 'tick' ahead, retreat from any system when their hold on that system is defeated. Previously this would only occur for Invasion systems.
- In honour of the late Michael Brookes, a new organisation has been added to the game, Brookes Galactic Tours.
- You can now find their adverts in most markets and their new megaship, The Legacy, which can be found in Artemis near Freeholm.
- Brookes Galactic Tours has also established a new mini-series of tourist beacons to a handful of fantastic locations, the first of this series begins at the beacon at Freeholm. We hope you enjoy exploring and will take a moment to pause and enjoy the wonder that Mike helped bring to the universe of Elite.
Community Issues of Note Addressed
- Release fees for impounded ships that are not the player's current ship can now be paid (Ticket Reference: ID 59548)
- Fix for the Stuck Recovery button put players exponentially far away (Ticket Reference: ID 55703)
- Fix for Large Habitat buildings in Tourism settlements ignoring states, making restore missions incompletable (Ticket Reference: ID 50551)
- Fix for Chargaff Installation incorrectly being flagged as an Outpost rather than Starport (Ticket Reference: ID 22100)
- Fix for Trevithick Vision incorrectly being flagged as an Outpost rather than Starport (Ticket Reference: ID 51847)
- Fix for being unable to restock Caustic Sink Launcher ammo until existing Caustic has been purged from the module (Ticket Reference: ID 58117)
- Fix for crash sites not always correctly containing the mission item (Ticket Reference: ID 51984)
- Fix for POIs spawning in locations they shouldn't, on undiscovered planets (Ticket Reference: ID 39180)
- A fix has been implemented to address a situation where Bark Mounds would be wrongly indicated as present at a location via the DSS, but would not in fact be there - Right!? We can hear you from here, Canonn! (Ticket Reference: ID 40108)
- Fix for being able to only accept one squadron application at a time (Ticket Reference: ID 30862)
- Fix for visual artefacting in planetary rings (Ticket Reference: ID 59426)
- Fix for Thargoid interceptor "Energy Surge Detected" notification not triggering on their arrival (Ticket Reference: ID 59432)
- Fix for fires inside buildings at Thargoid Occupied settlements not being extinguished when venting via the Atmospheric Control Panel (Ticket Reference: ID 59446)
- Fix for Thargoid Interceptor's emissives being white and exerted hearts no longer glowing (Ticket Reference: ID 59507)
- Fix for deployed SRVs not returning in their previous position when the owning Commander logs in after logging out whilst on foot (Ticket Reference: ID 51341)
- Fix for mining deposit fragments getting stuck inside the asteroids - Still digging! This time! (Ticket Reference: ID 17023)
- Fix for Gunner Role being unable to use TG Pulse Neutraliser or Shutdown Field Neutraliser (Ticket Reference: ID 59405)
- Thargoid Interceptors will now be consistently recorded in the journal (Ticket Reference: ID 55741)
- Fix for the Player Journal not always accurately logging Thargoid kills (Ticket Reference: Issue ID 55741)
Additional Issues of Note Addressed
- Crime scan results can no longer be evaded by relogging.
- Messages received from the server whilst the player is in hyperspace are now queued until they exit hyperspace.
- Commanders will now be able to target or plot a route to Titans or Maelstroms via the System Map.
- After joining a multicrew session and assigning yourself the Gunner role, assigned turrets or utilities would not be reflected in the UI. This has now been fixed.
- On-foot wanted players can now access the Shipyard Terminal at Detention Facilities.
- Camera shake now applies to on foot players when using Guardian objects at Thargoid imprint sites.
- Raised maximum prices of Fleet Carrier items.
Further reading: Instead of the maximum price the Fleet Carrier owner can set being 10x the galactic mean price (i.e. the slider goes up to 1000%), they can now set it to 100x the galactic mean price (i.e. 10,000%). This will now apply to all three markets on the Carrier.
The decision was made to do this in consideration that some things are rare but have a relatively low price; this means that Commanders will now be able to sell them at a price that is worthwhile for the effort they went to, to acquire them.
- Collector limpets will now be much less prone to collisions when collecting objects near asteroid surfaces.
- Fixed potential crash when exiting mission completion screen.
- Thargoid interceptor lightning hit VFX will no longer persist after the target ship is killed.
- Rebalanced the volume of music heard at the Thargoid Surface Site.
- Fix for changing hardpoints animation sound effects being inaudible when in Outfitting.
- Fixed the audio for the holograms in the Thargoid Surface Site not matching their in-world location accurately.
- Rebalanced the volume of the Thargoid Hunter music - They just want to be heard!
- Rebalanced the reverb of the Revenant's primary and secondary weapons.
- Improved the management of Revenant's primary weapon sounds so it doesn't become overwhelming when in combat with multiple Revenants.
- Fixed Thargoid Hunter's combat music being audible when the combat music is disabled in the audio options.
- Fixed the Titan's combat music being audible when the combat music is disabled in the audio options.
- Fixed the Thargoid Titan ambience still being audible when the exploration music is disabled in the audio options.
- Improved the balance of the ship's internal sounds when impacted by the defensive wave of the Maelstrom.
- Improved the Aculeus Launcher's rocket's audio as it flies past you.
- Fixed the Revenant's vocalisations not being obscured by physical barriers.
- Fixed AX Missile Launchers deploy and stow audio being difficult to hear in certain situations.
- Adjusted the volume of the Revenant's primary weapon when it isn't being looked at.
- Various optimisations for loading some sections of audio have been made.
- Found and fixed some duplicated materials on the advanced multi-cannons, to help with optimisation.
- Added some new cup props to certain social areas (which are technically "zero-g" environments) to mostly avoid the issue of having un-capped beverages in these areas - Bringing you optimised immersion, 3309. No more panic over hot drink spillages.
- Fixed schematic model for the subsurface mining missile so that it is now visible.
- Added support for various consoles to be pushed into an offline mode for deserted settlements.
- Fixed the collision mesh on the wrecked Beluga so you can no longer fly through it.
- Adjusted the notifications UI model for VR, which optimises rendering of this element.
- Fixed missing textures on Scorpion SRV missile model.
- Found and fixed a number of issues with how gradients are applied on certain paintjobs, smoothing them out and improving quality.
- Fixed mirrored decal on the Fer De Lance underside.
- Addressed a number of visual issues for the Anaconda if applying paint jobs.
- Adjusted the Hazard shipkit spoiler slightly to prevent an intersection issue with the Anaconda's cockpit
- Fixed a crash when logging in docked at a fleet carrier in a system that has a large amount of carrier traffic.
- Fixed a crash when logging in docked at a port in a system from which the Thargoids have retreated.
- The Orthrus now has a codex entry.
- All Thargoid War related passenger missions will now have a link to the relevant page of the Pilot's Handbook.
- Contacts panel UI for Glaives and Orthrus will correctly show the schematic icon and sigil.
- If you are trapped inside a container after logging in at a POI, you will now be able to free yourself using a panel inside the container - Commanders live for exploration but do consider caution when navigating confined spaces, however tempting they may be. Advice here can also be applied to general life.
- Fixed an issue where some Horizons locations would not generate the intended micro-resources at all viable locations.
- Passengers in evacuation missions are now a little more chatty - It's good to talk things through, you know? Don't keep things bottled up in these kinds of situations.
- Transport missions for Thargoid War-affected ports no longer request non-essential commodities.
- Disconnecting after restoring power to a Thargoid-occupied settlement during the mission will no longer reset the settlement to the offline state when you log back in, allowing you to continue the mission without needing to source a second Power Regulator.
New Known Issues
- Helm cannot see when a Commander in the Gunner role uses weapons.
And with that, Commanders, here's to the safe deployment of Update 16 for you today!
Thank you so much for your forever valuable thoughts and feedback which help contribute to the unique experiences had in our Galaxy of Elite Dangerous.
See you in the black o7